Sunday, February 10, 2013

Satellites - "Railway Line"

Be prepared: this Copenhagen native is about to knock your socks off.  If you don't know already, I am a huge fan of The National and am constantly on the prowl for musicians who can pluck my emotional strings like they do.  Well this one-man-band has answered my prayers.  His name is Johnny Vic and he  puts all these amazing sounds together to create some damn good songs.  Watch him live here.  His deep, soft, booming voice makes it all the more melodramatic.  Some may call it depressing, but I dig it.

The fact that he's not even on Spotify is quite surprising to me and very unfortunate.  However, you can stream his first and only album, Satellites.01, from his SoundCloud page or directly from his creatively designed website: http://www.satellites01.co.uk/.  And I highly suggest you do so.  This is his only music video out, but the rest of the tracks on the album are superb as well.

I also want to point out how rad this video is.  It was directed, shot and finished by Tim Walker of Westbound TV.  The technique he used is phenomenal.


No comments:

Post a Comment